I'm Sure That Day Was A Week
On today's episode of As the Lot Turns we begin the day bright and early with no food after midnight thinking I was going to finally get my port placed. My friend graciously drove me to the hospital whereupon I find out at the surgury check in desk that I was not in the system. Interventional radiology was called and the scheduling nurse came down to apologize profusely and tell me that they had a schedule malfunction and I had been kicked out of the system. I, of course, broke down and she said she could try to get me squeezed in today, but as I sat crying she looked at my med list and found that I'm on a blood thinner I should have been told to stop taking two days before the procedure, so I wouldn't have been able to have the procedure anyway. I had no idea how or when I was going to get this scheduled. They told me they would get me a taxi home if I could find a ride there. My gracious friend told me she would make it happen if I could get on the schedule. When I called they told me they could squeeze me in Friday morning. It's going to be tight with a dress rehearsal that evening, but I'm determined to make it work.
Later that afternoon I recieved a message asking me to have a meeting with the pastor of the church that runs the Denver Safe Parking Initiative lot I'm parked at about the incident I witnessed on Saturday. I was concerned at first, but that afternoon while several of us lot "residents" were having a chit chat in the lower lot he came over and told us the former knight, who shall now be called de-knighted asshole, was going to be removed from the program, so I felt much better. He said up till this point he hadn't gotten proper first hand information from any of the lot members, and that until he got the statement from me there wasn't anything he could do. My statement alone was enough to remove de-knighted asshole from the program. He gave specific examples I had written and said I was detail oriented.
An hour before my meeting with the pastor the lead detective called me and asked for my address in case they needed to call me as a witness for the trial. He said they probably won't need to though because I was so detailed in my statement to the responding officer. So I was called detailed oriented twice in one day. I was told that de-knighted asshole is being charged with felony menacing and wreckless endangerment, which is a misdemeanor, and that they issued an order of protection on Mexican Gentleman's behalf.
The meeting with the pastor wasn't very long at all, as he just wanted to let me know he'd gone over my statement and that they were removing de-knighted asshole from the program, and he thanked me for how thorough my statement was. I thanked them for their time and that they were going through all the statements and taking care of it.
Later that evening at the forced meal, which happen to be Olive Garden, which was delicious, but nowhere near enough food for everyone, the mood was so much more joyous. Everyone is feeling so much better now that de-knighted asshole is on his way out. Everyone has now found out that despite the fact that he's supposed to have a working car, he's been lying and telling everyone his car is working, but it's not, and he's refusing to fix it. So now he's got to leave and it's going to be interesting to see how they do it.
And in lighter and more happy news, I gave Sweet Stroke Lady and her husband the comp tickets to my choir concert for this weekend and she's so excited to go. I'm so happy I could figure something out for them. They really wanted to see opera, and although this isn't a full opera they'll get a taste of several different operas and it'll be a nice break from the parking lot. I just want to do anything to make these people smile.
Also tonight at the dinner the Elderly Lyft Driver gave me the nicest compliment. She told me that she wasn't sure of me when I first got to the lot because she didn't know I was autistic and I didn't really talk to anyone and I seemed very closed off. But the more that I've gotten to know everyone and I've opened up she said I'm one of the nicest people she's ever met. I'm always doing things for other people, and I'm so kind and thoughtful and I'm funny and so likeable, and that she really likes my brain. I thought that was so sweet. I told her that as I've gotten to know everyone on the lot I've really made some good friends that I really wasn't expecting to make.
Today felt nice. The camaraderie on the lot was lovely, and it felt good to laugh despite the circumstances. We're worried about the incoming cold in the next few days, so there's preparations to do over the next couple days. Most of us are parking in the lower lot until de-knighted asshole is gone for safety, so that's been petty good, but holy crap today felt so long, I'm pretty sure today was a week and not one day.

Comments
Post a Comment